Monday, July 11, 2011

I have returned

I've been gone a long while. A lot has happened since 2009. I've just gotten married. I'm about to finish graduate school and become a post doc. For reasons not worth explaining, we are temporarily dropping down to a single income. While it might sound like our finances were about to have an upswing, we are actually going to be earning less than what we were bringing home when I started this blog in 2007.

....all the more reason to come back. Living here in Manhattan has just become a new challenge to conquer. If I am a hair away from finishing the most complicated PhD in history (a very long story, indeed), then my husband and I can live in one of the most expensive neighbourhoods in the world on a mid-low 5 figure salary with student loans and tuition flying out the front door, no prob.

With that, I promise you the following:

1) regular posts
2) the details on my super cheap and easy New York City wedding
3) descriptions of my attempts to live on the cheap.
4) job search details
5) and anything else I can think of.

It's good to be back.

No comments: